Sociology is the study of interrelationships between humans and society. It studies the pattern of social relations. A part of social science, sociology is a combination of procedures for empirical investigation and critical analysis in order to create a concept of social change, order, acceptance or an evolution. Bachelors of Arts in Sociology originated for the students with a specialization in sociology. It is a three-year course for undergraduate which can be studied by the students from any background like science, management, and humanities.
Objectives of the course
The prior aim of the course is to specify the human status by relating them with self-created surrounding and knowing how environmental factors contribute to shaping us and our personality. The major objectives of the course are mentioned below:
- To make the students familiar with the concepts, theories, and methods of social web and relationships.
- To make the students know about the social processes in society, social institutions, and patterns of social behavior.
- To allow students to interpret the role of a social being in a society
- To make the students cope up with the socio-cultural factors of society and help them to know about social stratification and differentiation.
- To enhance the photos of students in the fields like criminal justice, gerontology, social science, and social welfare
- To prepare students for the graduate degree
Scope of the course
There are varieties of areas where the knowledge of sociology can be utilized. This is because society is a matter of concern and you need to know yourself as a social being. The major scope of sociology are as follows:
- Social research or Research centers
- Local-level projects and campaigns
- Mentor or a guide
- Lecturer or a professor
- Social policy formation
- Social work
- Personnel management
- Resource management
- Town planning and architecture
Universities offering the course in Nepal
Tribhuvan University is one of the oldest universities in Nepal. The course is offered by Tribhuvan University in Nepal. The students are given with 14 desired credit subjects. The course comes under the faculty of humanities and social science.
The candidates must have completed their intermediate in any discipline with a strong academic background. The students must have studied these subjects at their intermediate level if they have optioned for major English and journalism.
1. Rampratap Tamang Janata Multiple Campus
Address: Asanpur, Siraha
Contact no.: 033-540013
2. Janajytoi Multiple Campus
Address: Lalbandhi, Sarlahi
Contact no.: 046-501436
3. Galyang Multiple Campus
Address: Jagatradevi, Syanga
Contact no.: 063-460303
4. Ghoda Ghodi Multiple Campus
Address: Ghodaghodi, Kailali
Contact no.: 091-403117
5. Mahendra Multiple Campus
Address: College Road, Dharan
Contact no.: 025-521250
6. Thames International College
Address: Old Baneshwor, Kathmandu
Contact no.: 01-4464584
7. Birendranagar Multiple Campus
Address: Birendranagar, Surkhet
Contact no.: 0097783520228
8. J.S. Murarka Multiple Campus
Address: Lahan Road, Lahan
Contact no.: 033-560252
9. Prithvi Narayan Multiple Campus
Address: Pokhara, Kaski
Contact no.: 061-526837
10. Sagarmatha Multiple Campus
Address: Dillibazar, Kathmandu
Contact no.: 01-4433334
As a whole, the course is designed in such a way that makes the students familiar with the development strategies and requirements in Nepal in order to enhance the existing clash of social webs. The research papers and field visits make the course interesting as well as practical for the learners.