Common Management Aptitude Test (CMAT) is a national-level management entrance test conducted in Nepal by Tribhuvan University for admission to Bachelor Programs in the field of Management after completing +2 in Management or Science stream.
CMAT is a three-hour test which is conducted in a single session to evaluate the candidate’s ability across various segments like :
Verbal ( English)
> Vocabulary ( list of probable words); synonyms & antonyms
> Suitable Prepositions
> Idioms and phrases
> Passage and questions
Quantitative ( Math)
> Ratio & Proportions
> Defined functions
> Set Theory
> Fraction and decimal
> Matrix and determinants
> Sequence & Series
> Unitary Method
> Indices ( Law of Indices)
> Digits & Age
> Permutation and combinations
> Simple and Compound interests, Profit and loss
> Commission, taxation and vat
> HCF & LCM
> Probability ( principle of counting)
> Quadratic equation
> Log & Exponent
> Type of relations
> Odd one out
> Figures & relations
> Arguments & Flowchart – Pure logic, common sense logic & Guest logic
> Current affairs – business & economy, sports, politics
> Management theories
> Science & Literature
> Interesting facts / current facts
There’s altogether 100 objective questions in the CMAT containing 25 questions per section with a total weight of 100 marks. You’ll need a minimum of 40% in order to qualify for the interview.
Tribhuvan University has certified the qualification criteria to appear for CMAT, which must be fulfilled by every one of the applicants interested in taking this test. It must be guaranteed that the applicants must fulfil the qualification conditions of CMAT, before filling the application form. Non-fulfilment of the same may lead to disqualification of the candidate regardless of the stage of admission an applicant will be. Minimum eligibility criteria for CMAT are:
- The CMAT aspirant must have completed Graduation with 45% in any discipline or equivalent from a recognized university
- Final year Graduation students (10+2+3) are also eligible to apply for CMAT, provided their results are declared before commencement of admission.
- There’s no age limit for CMAT
- There are no minimum cut off marks eligibility for CMAT
Some Points you must know before appearing CMAT Exam in Nepal:
- For BBS (Bachelors in Business Studies), you DO NOT NEED to take CMAT Exam till now.
- You can fill the CMAT Application Form from any colleges. It is NOT necessary that you fill the form only from the college you’ve cleared your +2. You’ll appear at the CMAT Exam as the student of that college from where you’ve filled your CMAT form.
- There are many institutions that provide Preparation Classes for CMAT Exam. Some colleges even offer Free Preparation Classes. You can call and join them.
- Only the short-listed candidates from the written test of CMAT will be eligible for interview. The result will be published to notify this on the merit basis. If they pass the interview, they will be eligible for admission.
- TU Constituent Colleges (which we know as Government Colleges) provides admission to the applicants on the merit-basis of CMAT Result. But Affiliated Colleges (which we know as Private Colleges) may have their own criteria.