Introduction to Education
M.Ed. is the abbreviation of Masters in education; a postgraduate course for the people willing to have qualifications on education specifically. Education as a faculty is a study of education, its procedures to upgrade the systematic knowledge as a whole. Specialization can be done once you plan out a career in a subject and education as a whole produces the one with the knowledge of education rather than the specification to plan out the course, manage the curriculums and develop the status.
What is the course about?
As we know about B.Ed. that refers to bachelors in education but undergraduate students, M.Ed. in Political science education is the specialization the students gets in political science. Students can apply the specialization in following courses during their M.Ed. course;
- Curriculum and Evaluation
- Educational Planning and Management
- English Education
- Nepali Education
- Science Education
- Mathematics Education
- Health Education, Physical Education
- Economics Education
- Geography Education
- History Education
- Political Science Education
Therefore, M.Ed. in the Nepali language is the specialization that graduates get in the field of Education.
What is political science?
To begin with, political science is the study of a nation heading. This is to say that it takes the components of a state as the majors to study that includes; government, policies, institutions and behavior of the participants that in together maintains the functioning in a nation. As we hear about politics that denotes the actions related to the utilization of supreme power to upgrade the status of a society and a nation as a whole. In response to this, political science is the study of politics, it’s functions, strategies and planning, procedures and the fruitful actions that can actually change the status of an area or the state in other words.
Objectives of the course
- To begin with, ME generally is a course chosen by the one who aims to develop a career as a professional teacher or establish themselves as a capable trainer. Tribhuvan University has been providing the course since ages in Nepal that has included the following basis as their major objectives too:
- To support the understanding, realizing the fundamental obstacles of the education and help the graduates in bringing their skills and knowledge in recognizing, analyzing and solving them.
- To provide the graduates with an upgraded academic qualification that broadens their knowledge and enrich and extend their qualification as a whole
- To encourage and motivate the graduates in learning activities so that they can solve the problems of their sectors with prescriptive measures, tactics, and strategies.
- To encourage the predicates in being the one for the social change through the means of education, its practices involving themselves in the field study to know about the current status and set standards.
- To provide the graduates with adequate knowledge to develop the feeling of dedication towards the development of education as a field
- As the graduates specialize their field in political science, they deal with their specialized subjects and under the rules and criteria set by faculty of education.
Universities that offer the course
There are plenty of universities that offer the course relating to political science in the world but they may not necessarily be the course belonging to the field of humanities or education. There are recognized universities which creates a better platform to learn and express the concept of political ideas, thoughts, and study of governances.
Universities in Nepal
M.Ed. in Political Science Education is a two-year program organized by TU that involves practicum, thesis writing, and evaluation and includes professional and specialization as a course of study.
Three-year B.Ed or one year B.Ed. in any discipline from T.U. or a university recognized by T.U and he/she should be free from a physical and mental disability.
Central Department of Education
The further information can be extracted from the official website of Tribhuvan University i.e. http://tufoe.edu.np/introduction.