M.Ed. is the abbreviation of Masters in education; a postgraduate course for the people willing to have qualifications on education specifically. Education as a faculty is a study of education, its procedures to upgrade the systematic knowledge as a whole. Specialization can be done once you plan out a career in a subject and education as a whole produces the one with the knowledge of education rather than the specification to plan out the course, manage the curriculums and develop the status.
What does the course include?
When we hear education, it seems to be one of the infrastructures in developing countries as it is believed to be enlightening the lives for decades. But education as a course involves the following factors that as a whole makes a proper education and system of learning:
Dimensions of Learning
Measurement and Evaluation
Psychology of the Exceptional Child
Reading in the Secondary School
Supervision of Instruction
Research Methods & Procedures
Reading Skills & Comprehension
Issues and Innovations
Objectives of the course
- To begin with, ME generally is a course chosen by the one who aims to develop a career as a professional teacher or establish themselves as capable trainers. Tribhuvan University has been providing the course since ages in Nepal that has included the following basis as their major objectives too:
- To support the understanding, realizing the fundamental obstacles of the education and help the graduates in bringing their skills and knowledge in recognizing, analyzing and solving them.
- To provide the graduates with an upgraded academic qualification that broadens their knowledge and enrich and extend their qualification as a whole
- To encourage and motivate the graduates in learning activities so that they can solve the problems of their sectors with prescriptive measures, tactics, and strategies.
- To encourage the predicates in being the one for the social change through the means of education, its practices involving themselves in the field study to know about the current status and set standards.
- To provide the graduates with adequate knowledge to develop the feeling of dedication towards the development of education as a field
Importance of M.Ed. as a subject
When the world is aware of how important education is, the world needs to know the importance of the postgraduate study that solely produces professional teachers and trainers with the knowledge of education in general. Education is not as specified as a profession but it is a study for professionals that is necessary for the diverse field across the globe.
Universities that offer the course
Here is a list of the universities that actually offers the course to produce skilled manpower in the field of education worldwide:
1.Western Sydney University
2. The University of the West of Scotland
3. Valparaiso University
4. Atlantic International University
5. The University of British Columbia
6. Thompson Rivers University
7. Maynooth University
8. St. Francis Xavier University
9. Mary Immaculate College, University of Limerick
10. University of Oulu
Universities in Nepal that offer the course
Here is a list of universities that offers the course of M.Ed. to the graduates:
Tribhuvan University; officially flourished as TU has a semester-based system in the course for two consecutive years. The course is believed to be professional and pedagogical with the appropriate specialization in the subjects like Curriculum and Evaluation, Educational Planning and Management, English Education, Nepali Education, Science Education, Mathematics Education, Health Education, Physical Education, Economics Education, Geography Education, History Education, and Political Science Education.
The student with a Bachelor’s Degree in Education from TU or from a university recognized by TU are eligible for the admission to the Masters Program.
In order to get admission in different subjects, they need the specific qualification of that subject.
The student has to compulsorily pass the entrance test for getting admission.
The entrance exam is taken by the Faculty of Education.
The merit list is then published after the entrance exam.
The university has given affiliation to 57 colleges in Nepal. Some of them are enlisted below:
Janamaitri Multiple Campus
2. Prithvi Narayan Multiple Campus
3. Sanothimi Campus,
Madhyapur Thimi, Bhaktapur
4.Shaheed Smriti Multiple Campus
5. Siddhartha Gautam Buddha Campus
6. Kanya Campus
7. Central Department Of Education
8. Kailali Multiple Campus,
Campus Road, Dhangadhi
9.Chaitanya Multiple Campus
10.Surya Narayana Satya Narayan Marita Multiple Campus
11. Adikavi Bhanubhakta Multiple Campus, Damauli, Tanahu
12. Tribhuvan Multiple Campus, Tansen, Palpa
It has given affiliation to various colleges including Balkumari College (http://www.balkumaricollege.edu.np/). The following website is useful if you are willing to know the further colleges within Nepal with the affiliation of Purbanchal University.
As a whole. Education is an overall sector whereas M.Ed. is a study that fulfills the criteria in those diverse areas. Thus, professional and capable educated leaders are the products for the field of education.