What is computer engineering?
Computer engineering refers to the syllabus designed with the combination of computer and the knowledge of electrical engineering. They are concerned with analyzing and solving problems. Computer engineers implants computers in other machines and systems, build networks to transfer data and develop ways to make computers, faster, smaller, and more capable. The field deals with computers, software, applications, filwares, and overall networking. It is an undergraduate four years course that exists at the intersection of technology and innovation.
Objectives of the course
- Innovate a product or process by utilizing the knowledge of mathematics, computing, system and tools
- Expand the ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- Develop an ability to communicate effectively
- Grow the capacity to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Making the students understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- To make the students able to apply their communication skills to effectively promote their ideas, goals, or products
- To make the students use specialist knowledge creatively and innovatively to solve problems
- To turn on the concept of pragmatism and practicality into a reality
Scope of Bachelors in Computer Engineering
Computer Engineering is a peak subject in today’s generation as it is the practical way of dealing with the intellectual device and its features so that can be used in every productive sector.
- Web Developers
- Software Compliance
- Software developers
- Hardware Engineers
- System Analysts or System Engineers
- Data Architect
- Mobile Application Developers
- Security Analysts
- Data Warehouse Developer / Analyst
- Application Developer
- Database Manager
- UX Designer
- Project Manager
- Quality assurance associate/ analyst
Universities offering the course within Nepal
Nepal is moving forward in case of engineering as the demand of engineer in varieties of fields never stay away. Here is a list of the institution offering the course:
- Kathmandu University
- Tribhuvan University
It is one of the oldest and wide university of Nepal which offers the desired course for the students with its affiliation to multiple colleges in different areas:
- Pulchowk Campus, Pulchowk, Lalitpur
- Eastern Region Campus, Dharan, Sunsari
- Western Region Campus, Pokhara, Lamachaur, Kaski
There are many other colleges offering the course on a private basis under the affiliation of TU.
3. Pokhara University
It is one of the universities in Nepal that offers the engineering course. The affiliated colleges are given below:
- Nepal Engineering College, Changunarayan Bhaktapur
- Pokhara Engineering College, Phirke, Pokhara Kaski
- Lumbini Engineering, Management and Science College, Bhalwari, Butwal
- Nepal College of Information Technology, Balkumari, Lalitpur
- Cosmos College of Management and Technology, Khumaltar Lalitpur
- Everest Engineering and Management College, Lalitpur
- National Academy of Science and Technology (Dhangadhi Engineering College), Dhangadi, Kailali
4. Purbanchal University
School of Engineering & Technology (PUSET)
Besides, there are various other private colleges that provide the course in order to meet the emerging need of electrical engineers. The need is emerging because they don’t just utilize the but innovate new concepts, applications, software with the skills and practically designed courses for programming, networking, and computing.