Introduction to Education
M.Ed. is the abbreviation of Masters in education; a postgraduate course for the people willing to have qualifications on education specifically. Education as a faculty is a study of education, its procedures to upgrade the systematic knowledge as a whole. Specialization can be done once you plan out a career in a subject and education as a whole produces the one with the knowledge of education rather than the specification to plan out the course, manage the curriculums and develop the status.
What is the course about?
As we know about B.Ed. that refers to bachelors in education but undergraduate students, M.Ed. in Political science education is the the students gets in political science. Students can apply the specialization in following courses during their M.Ed. course;
- Curriculum and Evaluation
- Educational Planning and Management
- English Education
- Nepali Education
- Science Education
- Mathematics Education
- Health Education, Physical Education
- Economics Education
- Geography Education
- History Education
- Political Science Education
The students willing to pursue their career in economics prefers “Economics Education” as their specialization that facilitates the students with the masters in education with a specialization in economics.
What do you mean by M.Ed. in Economics Education?
In general, Economics refers to the study of production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services that are included in social science and deals with the economy of a specified area. In details, economics deals with the allocation of limited resources among the unlimited and never-ending human needs. Human needs are never satisfied but the means to satisfy them are scarcely available. Thus, for this economics is the field of study that deals with the major variables like unemployment, poverty, inflation that denotes the economy of a nation and discusses the maximization of output in an individual or a business form with full utilization of available resources. Economics education is a vague concept but a very essential topic for which M.Ed. in Economics education gives the available resources for the graduates.
Objectives of the course
To begin with, ME generally is a course chosen by the one who aims to develop a career as a professional teacher or establish themselves as a capable trainer. Tribhuvan University has been providing the course since ages in Nepal that has included the following basis as their major objectives too:
- To support the understanding, realizing the fundamental obstacles of the education and help the graduates in bringing their skills and knowledge in recognizing, analyzing and solving them.
- To provide the graduates with an upgraded academic qualification that broadens their knowledge and enrich and extend their qualification as a whole
- To encourage and motivate the graduates in learning activities so that they can solve the problems of their sectors with the prescriptive measures, tactics, and strategies.
- To encourage the predicates in being the one for the social change through the means of education, its practices involving themselves in the field study to know about the current status and set standards.
- To provide the graduates with adequate knowledge to develop the feeling of dedication towards the development of education about economics as a field.
- To solve a wide array of financial and regional economic issues.
Scope of economics education
As we came to know that economics is a crucial subject that determines the monetary status of an area, denoting societies and a country as a whole, some of the major scopes of economics education are given below:
- Financial risk analyst
- Data analyst
- Financial planner
- Economic researcher
- Financial consultant
- Investment analyst
- Public sector roles
Universities offering the course
Economics has always been a prioritized subject worldwide. Here we present you a list of top universities for economics education:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology – MIT
2. Harvard University
3. London School of Economics
4. University of Oxford
5. Erasmus School of Economics
6. University of Melbourne
7. ETH Zürich
8. University of Toronto
9. Bocconi University
10. Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
University offering the course in Nepal
- Tribhuvan University
Officially known as TU, this university offers the course of two years that comprises the in-depth course including professional (core), elective and specialization with thesis writing and research papers.
A student with a Bachelor’s Degree in Education is eligible for the admission to the Masters Programme. However, they need a specific qualification for admission in a different subject. In the semester system they have to pass an entrance test for admission in different specialization subject
- Central Department of Education-Tribhuvan University
2. Prithvi Narayan Campus
3. Sanothimi Campus
Madhyapur Thimi, Bhaktapur
As a whole, M.Ed. in Economics Education is a specialization offered to graduates when they pursue their master’s degree in education itself. Thus, economics is a practical subject whose research and findings are applicable in the actual world.