The branch of education that basically emphasis on the study of human health, its components, maintenance, and personal hygiene is called health education. It encompasses education of physical, social, mental as well as surrounding that contributes to sound situation of a human body. As a graduate, we can specialize our education degree towards health itself in order to create awareness and produce competent teachers and tutors as well. Masters in Education is a program for graduates from education faculty to add up their qualification. This course is offered by Tribhuvan University for 2 years which is based on the semester system ( 4 semesters).
The major objective of this course is to promote public awareness. Here are the main aims of this course:
- To produce competent teachers
- To create mentors for public alertness in maintaining good health
- To maintain sound health system within the physical territory of a nation and beyond
- To create consciousness within the public for good health
- To upgrade physical, mental and social life
- To develop personnel for networking people of remote areas and carry out some development actions
- To make the physical and mental health issues known to people at a local level and flourish the nourishment and treatments
- To examine the relationship between various aspects affecting health
- To produce health professional to work on related sectors and upgrade the status
Scope of the course
Health is always a matter of concern wherever you go. Therefore, the course is never out of date or neglected but is demanded in various areas. The students can work as a teacher or mentors as they graduate. Not only this, they can work in as a part of health campaigns and projects with various NGOs and INGOs. You also can apply in various governmental agencies, departments, and institutions for your employees because they require health personnel to conduct a survey and eliminate major health issues depleting the health status within the nation. Health sectors demand the graduates and you can get a job within the clinics, hospitals and health departments for sure.
Details about the course
The course is initially run as a semester system by the central campus whereas the affiliated colleges’ stills follow the yearly system itself because the course is further divided into four distinct sections: core courses, specialization, elective, teaching practices and thesis. This is a course that includes the practical segments as well that can contribute to the researches and fieldworks in your further life because health is a crucial topic which must not be neglected. The graduates will create influence within the family and society as well.
This is a course for graduates for which completion of bachelors is a must. The interested candidates must have completed bachelors in education with physical and health education as the major one. They must appear for the admission test exam which is taken by the Department of Health education and secure a seat on the merit list which will be published after the exam.
Colleges offering the course
Here is a list of colleges that offers the course:
1. Central Department of Education- Tribhuvan University
2. Prithvi Narayan campus
3. Kailali Multiple Campus
Campus Road, Dhangadi
4. Sanothimi Campus
Madhyapur Thimi, Bhaktapur
5. Shaheed Smriti Multiple Campus
6. Chaturbhujeshwar Janata Multiple Campus
7. Tribhuvan Multiple Campus
8. Surya Narayana Satya Narayan Marwaita Multiple campus
Taleshwar Marg, Lahan, Siraha
9. Bhairahawa Multiple Campus
10. Siddhartha Gartam Buddha Campus
As a whole, the students who have completed the course are demanded in the market in varieties of the sector because health personnel is the prior requirements for the developing countries like Nepal. Therefore, the student can explore the current status of health as a part of their course as it involves thesis as well which make the students more competent.